Unfortunately, car accidents occur without warning. However, this doesn’t mean that there are no different elements that you can prepare, such as your car. Continue reading to learn how to prep your car for an accident.
Stay Prepared For Emergencies
There are a few items that you can keep in your truck in case of emergencies and car accidents.
- Keep a flashlight and an extra set of batteries.
- Have an equipped first aid kit on hand to assist with any minor injuries.
- Purchase a few small orange cones or emergency triangles to put around the car if you’re in an accident to help signal other drivers to go around. If other drivers do not notice or get too close, it could lead to another accident and potential injuries.
- In case you get into an accident where you experience injuries, have a piece of paper in your glove compartment with a list of your current medications, any medical conditions you may have, and any medical allergies for emergency services to refer to.
The smallest things can make the most significant difference. It’s important to keep several things on hand in the event of an accident to help you get through the aftermath of the accident.
- Keep several bottles of water and a few snacks in case you get stranded or are stuck for several hours.
- Always have your most up-to-date proof of insurance on deck in your glove compartment.
- Have a cell phone charger in your car and keep your phone charged so if you need to call for help, you can.
- Stash away an extra blanket or jacket so that in the colder months, you’ll be able to stay warm while waiting for help to arrive.
Preventing A Crash
There are several ways that you can take steps to prevent an accident from happening in the first place.
- Keep a good pair of sunglasses on deck to use to prevent being blinded by the sun.
- If you have trouble driving at night, keep your glasses handy or aim to only drive during day time.
- Ensure your tires are always properly inflated.
- Have your car regularly maintained to avoid breakdowns and mechanical issues.
- Practice defensive driving.
- Never drive distracted.
You can never 100% prevent an accident from happening, but there are ways to work towards preventing accidents.
While you can not prepare for every aspect of a car accident, you can certainly take the time afterward to recover and seek out any compensation you may be entitled to. If you find yourself in a car accident, give us a call at J. Stein Law Firm. We assist victims in navigating insurance claims so they can focus on their recovery. At J. Stein Law Firm, we are committed to getting justice for our clients. Schedule your free case consultation today to get started.